Windows 98 Manual StarNetDial Set-Up
How to manually configure StarNetDial with Windows 98
Now that your account has been setup either through the online signup
or through the CD you now have the ability to create the connection
manually through the Windows 98 Operating System. Here are the steps
you need to take in order to accomplish this.
1. Double click on the "My Computer" icon found on your desktop.
2. You will now see several folders appear. Please double click on
the folder labeled "Dial-Up Networking".
3. Double click on the icon named "Make New Connection". This will
begin the process of creating a dial connection for StarNetDial.
4. A menu titled Make New Connection will appear. In the Type a
name for the computer you are dialing box please enter the title
StarNetDial. This will designate your connection as your StarNetDial dial
connection. Click next once you are complete with this step.
5. You will now need to enter the access number that you will be
dialing into the connection program. Please enter the access number
given to you when you created the account.
6. You have now successfully created the dial-up connection. Click
the finish button to exit the setup.
7. Double click the new StarNetDial icon in your Dial-Up Networking
folder (see step 2). Enter your StarNetDial username and password in
the provided fields and check the save password checkbox as well.
Click the connect button to connect your StarNetDial account.